IHC 4WD

>From the pictures I have seen, "down-under" IH trucks differed
>somewhat in design and appearance as well.  I don't remember, did IH
>have 4WD in the US in 1957?

Yes, the first 4 wheel dirve model was a "R" model truck. I have the
sales engineering bulletin. I believe it was late '54. This was a
very low build truck.

My Non-Scout collection:

1954 One Hundred pickup
1957 Golden Jubilee Custom pickup
1958 Custom A100 pickup (same body as GJ, two tone blue instead)
1967 908B pickup
4 Farmall Tractors, & 5 stationary engines.

PS the new IH Color History book is in stock, available to list
members at $19.95 delivered (16.95 plus $3 shipping)

-Scott
Scott Satterlund
Binder Books
PO Box 230269
Tigard, Oregon 97281-0269
503.684.2024, Fax 503.684.3990
Operators Manuals/Parts Catalogs/Service Publications
Farm Tractor History Books
Specializing in International Harvester Products
http://www.binderbooks.com