Just got a Scout

Howdy Everyone,

I just bought my first Scout and I was glad to find this listserv.  It
looks like there is some great info on here.  I'm sure I'll have plenty
of questions

I bought the Scout for $200 from a lady that hadn't driven it in four
years.  After throwing a new battery in it she fired right up!  The body
is pretty rusty but the engine sounds pretty solid.

My first two questions are:

How can I easily identify the year?  How can I identify what size engine
and rear/front end?  She said it was a '74 but the owners manual in the
glove box is for a '72.

The floor boards on the drivers side are pretty rusted out...what is the
best way to fix?