Hammerite Paint and my Master Cylinder Housing.

Hiya Folks...Art here...

   	Finished up the rebuild of my Master Cylinder Housing last week. Got
it all honed -$6.50 well spent- and was drying it in the oven when it
occured to me that I still had some Hammerite paint left.
	So, bumped up the temp to Bake it at 350'. Once dry (5 min) I pulled it
and the lid, alternately, wiped clean (again) spraying 1 very light and
two medium coats. Red Hammerite, $5.00 a can. Knowing the tenacious
nature of hydraulic fluid, I just hoped for the best.

	After a week of a short-lived drips and of daily driving, it's just as
hard and glossy red as it started out. I think the key was initially
baking at 350' -lowering to 200 for a couple hours then leaving it in
there over night to cool and cure.

Art

67  T-All      -------
              |OLD SUV|