Re Battery Draw

> I removed those connections and checked and of course no difference
so that is where I am at please help as this is driving me crazy.  This
is a
71 not some new high tech weenie mobile with wires all over the place
and
computers to screw everyting up , this should be easy.
Thanks in advance for your help

First, I would make sure that everything is connected back up and you
use an Ammeter for the measurement. Someone may shed some more light on
this but I believe you will get odd readings using a voltmeter in this
way. All multimeters have an Amperes setting. I have used the ammeter in
the Scout but it is not very accurate for fault finding. If there is no
current draw or extremely minimal, You probably have a dead battery.
Unless it is under load even a dead battery can read 12 volts. If you
still have a current draw with the ignition off and the keys out, check
in the same manner as you did previously, removing all the fuses and
looking for the simple things first. If this fault just appeared one day
think back to what happened just prior. You may find the cause there.

Hope this helps

Bryan