ColumnReprise

More on that column.  I forgot to note a difference in the top spacer
directly beneath the plastic horn contactor.  Most types use a large
locking disk with edge cutouts (this accomodates the locking pin).
One of my samples has a smaller disk, effectively a bushing only.  It
supports only the top ring clip and no column lock.  This is my
favorite as I detest column locks (let me add door locks and column
key switches to the pile ... but I advocate and use seat belts).
There is little theft risk out here in the woods ... and I know of no
one who wants my Scout at any price.  So, no need for an ignition key
... two wires and a twist tie will suffice please ... simplify,
simplify, simplify.  All this dribble is to ask if anyone has ever
seen the column ring I mention?  Perhaps it requires a different
style of plastic horn contactor beneath it?  While at it, I have
measured the various ring clip land positions of my shafts if anyone
cares.  More to surely follow.  Mark