re: R-110 ads and an old flare question

Hey Art,
I missed the fall Carlisle swap meet this year, but in past years have
found lots of R-110 and IHC ads. You can generally get them from the big
literature guys, like Bob Johnson. I have collected half a dozen or so
ads for the R series trucks over the years, and even managed to find an
original owners manual last year. I can scan and send you copies of the
ads so you can see which ones catch your eye. I'm sure I can get more
inthe spring if you can last that long, other wise try looking up
dealers under 'literature' in Hemmings. The prices usually run about
$3-6 depending on size, condition, etc. I'll go back and look to see if
I have any duplicates, or other IHC stuff too.

On another note, I found an IHC flare at a estate auction a while back.
It is very old, but I have no idea how old. It is a small cube (~2")
that looks like it made up of wood chips soaked in a yellow dye. It came
in a small box that is almost like new. Anyone ever seen one of these
and have any idea of it's vintage or nay other info? Thanks

-Bennett Moe
'53 R-110 (got the rear bumper off, it's an original that was reinforced
with 1/8" steel - man is it heavy)