Re: ihc-digest V5 #10

>Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 20:15:44 -0500 (EST)
>From: FLY4SCOUT@domain.elided
>Subject: ID of 1980 Scout for Dana 300
>       My IH loving dad thinks he's found a 1980 scout in a junk yard.  The
>ID plates have been painted over, and I'm trying to give him things to look
>for to be sure it really is a 1980 model. (The junk yard thinks it's a
1979)
>I want the Dana 300 if it really is a 1980 model.  What things can he look
>for? The only two things I can think of are   1.  Square head lights   and
>  2. Speedo cable comes out of the passenger side of the Dana 300 instead
of
>the drivers side of the Dana 20.   Is there any other way to tell?  Thank
you
>for any info!

Well.. The D300 is the easiest thing to look at.. but you say all of the
tags are painted over..
The ones in the door jam and under the hood?
anyway...just because it is a 1980 doesn't mean anything.. things brake and
people may switch things around..
If it's the transfer case you want.... it's the transfer case you will need
to identify...
The output housings on the transfer case are aluminum.. if that helps..
also there is a web page with pic's of a D300.. maybe someone can remember
what it is..
This should help out....

Good luck..

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, 727, D300, 4" body, 4" spring, SS][ converted