Hot starting problem

>>Subject: Hot starting problem

>>My 304 V8 starts instantly when cold. When warm or hot, it cranks very
freely, but does not start without five or ten seconds of cranking.

Gene, that might be something as simple as percolating fuel.  When the
manifold gets hot, gas in the float bowl tends
to evaporate, making it hard for the carb to meter fuel properly.  The
simple fix for this is a thermal spacer between the carb and the manifold.

I've wanted to do this for some time, but NAPA couldn't find the spacer for
me.  Anyone know where to get one?

Rob