thanks, formats, and apologies

Thanks for the info on the cold starting problem.  As I can see no visible
problems with the carb (i.e. butterfly sticking) I may have to do the
rebuild I have been dreaming of for some time now.  A quick question -
where the manifold stove pipe meets the air cleaner is some kind of
thermostat.  It doesn't appear to open and let in the hot air from the
manifold.  Can that be fixed/replaced?

Richard mentioned that the digest can now be received in individual
mailings, can anyone tell me how to switch?

Sorry about not including a subject line in my previous message.  I know
that silly stick is around here somewhere, I have to give myself a good
slap.

Thanks Again,

Bill Wisser