Brake circuit failure light notice!

Hi,

Yesterday I started getting the message that there was "Brake circuit or
brake light failure" prompting a Check control light. It started after I
was rummaging around trying to locate the "hidden" CD changer connections
in the trunk of my '95 M3. I pulled on some brake light wires I'm sure, but
I neatly put all of the wiring exactly back as it was. I really didn't
disturb the wires a lot, mostly collateral movement while pulling the
carpeting back. I don't get the "failure" notice everytime I drive or even
when I start up, but intermittently maybe after driving several miles it's
coming on now. I've checked all of the bulbs, connections, etc. Have I
loosened something that's causing this? How do I track it down?

TIA

Evan Evans
President
Smoky Mountain Chapter