RE: car wont start clicking sound (quick respond appreciated)

Sounds like your battery is low. Have someone jump it or charge it.

Dave

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Paul Frederick
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 3:59 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: car wont start clicking sound (quick respond appreciated)

I picked up my car lastnight from getting the hod painted and drove it home.
I got up this morning and went to the car wash and washed my car and then I
wiped out the engine bay and the top of the engine with a soaked cloth to
get some of the dirt and dust off. While I was doing this my radio was on
the whole time. I got done cleaning the engine bay and drying the car off
and tried to start the car and just heard a clicking sound. The lights and
radio come on but the engine is not turning over; just a clicking sound like
a relay of some sort. Can anyone tell me what is most likely the problem and
can I run a code test to give me an idea of what the problem might be. i am
guessing maybe the starter. i don't know if any water got in where it wasn't
supposed to so i may leave it overnight and try it again in the morning. Any
help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Paul '95 ///M3