Re: 2000 M5 oil consumption - just a fun story

In a message dated 4/24/2003 4:38:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:34:02 EDT
> From: MBerger100@domain.elided
> Subject: 2000 M5 oil consumption
>
> what if anything does anyone hear or  know about what BMW NA has or will do
>
> for a car that uses one litre every 350 miles? new engine? ring job only?
> should i demand the cat converters be changed too?
> mberger100@domain.elided

At an undisclosed dealership last night, my friend has a friend that just
took a 2000 M5 on trade.  Since the dealer owner didn't care if they took the
car out for a ride...

Now my friend owns a NSX, WRX and a Mugen prepared Integra.  He also knows
how to wring the most out of my cars too.  He said it was the highlight of
his week and probably the best car he has ever driven.  No matter where he
pointed the car, it went.  Stupid things that would have put the NSX into a
spin, the M5 handled with aplomb.  He was even scared to find out what the
limits were where they were driving.  What surprised him even more was how
"normal" the car rode - not harsh considering the level of handling.

With the oil burning issue mentioned above, I wonder why the previous owner
traded it in?

He said he will call me soon.  Someone is supposedly trading in some kind of
Ferrari...

Rodney