RE: gas prices, alternative fuels, some WOB

There's only one thing worse than Spam...that's POLITICAL Spam!

- -----Original Message-----
From: jkerouac [mailto:jkerouac@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 12:50 PM
To: bmw digest
Subject: re: gas prices, alternative fuels, some WOB

re: gas prices:

     When I see the same $1.34/gallon on the east coast for premium that
I payed twenty years ago which continued with only minor fluctuations
until only recently when the Shrubbery raped and pillaged our national
economy in the name of keeping the world 'safe for democracy', but
actually just safe for his oil company buddied who bought his election,
 then it may be something to rejoice about.
     Why is it that a lid was kept on gas prices  by the father of the
Shrub during 'US saves business partner so we can keep buying oil from
them', round 1?  Why were gas prices, and energy prices in general,
relatively stable during the reign of Billary the First, no matter what
was happening in the world?  Even when the price per bbl. of crude was
last as high as it hit recently, why was the price at the pump at least
half a buck a gallone less?  Why did we have a growing economy?  Why was
the US successful in building consensus in the world community before
undertaking military action in global hot spots?  Why did those same
partners in consensus of the past now say no?  Maybe they're onto
something that the White House Shrubbery isn't, like common sense?
     I remember honest and realistic fair market at work 97 cents a
gallon of regular, $1.15 for premium that I paid for California legal
gas on a trip to Comdex in Las Vegas only one and a half short years
ago, before the thugs in the White House, one of whom Exxon even named
an oil tanker after, threw 20 years of relative stability in gas prices
away and doubled the cost of a gallon of gas in only two short years.
We knocked off Saddam, but any student of world history could call it
"Missile Crisis II".
40 years ago JFK showed the United Nations conclusive pictures of
missiles in Cuba.  The world couldn't say a word but to agree that
Russia should remove them.  the Bush mentailty 40 years ago would have
given us WWIII.  His actions now are still on track to cause it anyway.
     Why did Kissinger really quit the 911 comission?  Why does he speak
out now in favor or UN, not US control of rebuilding Iraq?
     Show me the pictures Georgie boy.  Show me and the rest of the
world what your excuse was.  Why do we have 150 dead of our young and
brave, when we could have continued following the basic policy of
containment that has worked in Cuba, Libya, and other hot spots in the
world for 50 years.  There would have been the dilution of those in
power, even if they still run their governments.
     What happens now when the free Kurds want their own country?  What
happens when long time military ally, but muslim country Turkey, says
no?  Remember the Turkey angle with Russia removing the missiles from
Cuba?  What happens when the Saudi's are cut out of the major oil
profits and Iraq, Inc. has sweetheart deals with American oil companies.
 To the Arab Sheiks, we're business partners.  Nothing more.
     All I can say to this crap now is, "the King is Dead", long live
the King."
And please let's not have another pretty boy new england democratic dork
be our only option to get Alfred E. Neuman, masquerading as the
President of the United States, out of the White House next year.
     Which brings up another possible fuel source, one which has been
around for millions of years here on earth.  A source which most mammals
produce periodically, and which the current world situation gives me in
major doses.  Methane. :-)
     But if the smell of the president's bull$`!t and the cost of a
gallon of gas doesn't come down soon, its gonna do something else to my
gastric system instead, it will produce something that the biomass fuel
engineers would be able to make fuel out of, becuase it will make me puke.

'jk

- --