From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
**Rahul**
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 11:33 PM
To: bmw-digest@domain.elided
Subject: HELP -- Engine revving too much while shifting gears

hi all,
this is the first time this has happened to me, i was driving an hour back
and when i shifted from 2nd to 3rd at 3500 rpm, right after releasing the
clutch, the clutch engages and then revs to about 4K rpm, stays there for 2
secs and then comes back to 3K rpm, then again when i shift from 3rd to 4th
at 3500 rpm, right after the clutch engages the engine revs to 4K rpm, stays
there for 2 secs and then comes backto 3K rpm.

any1 know what the problem is ???

any help is appreciated, btw i have 96K miles on my baby.

TIA,Rahul.

- --