<E28> 535i hesitation.. car still at the wrench

Hi All,

I spoke to the wrench, and he told me they are still looking through the car
for problems, testing things.. He said that they had another airflow meter
kicking around (silver box between the filter and the bellows) and the
installed it and it took out the flat spot in my throttle, whatever that
means.. I havent been back down there, however, I am thinking that he hasnt
put the car under load yet and is just checking it based on standing still
and stabbing the throttle.  Its when the car is under load that the problem
is very prevalent.

Question.  Airflow meter.  Is it not just a flap that opens based on how
much air is coming in, and registers based on flap position?  or is there
more?  Secondly, would it cause this intermittent problem, and feel like
there is no spark at some intervals, causing unburnt feul to go out the
tailpipe?

Thanks
Ron

End of bmw-digest V9 #2423