RE: E28 temperature gauge

If you're going to go to this much trouble you may just want to change the SI
batteries.  This usually fixes problems of this sort from what I recall.
There's a procedure for doing this on one of the E28 boards, but I've
apparently lost the link.

L.K. Foster
Live-in mechanic for the wife's '88 E28 M5

> Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:18:37 -0400
> From: "Ron Buchalski" <rbuchals@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: E28 temperature gauge
>
> You can connect any aftermarket temp gauge to the car.  You
> may need to
> replace the coolant temp sensor to a sensor that provides the
> output signals
> the aftermarket gauge expects.

snip

> >Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 01:09:49 -0600
> >From: whensley11@domain.elided
> >Subject: E28 temperature gauge
> >
> >In my 1985 E28 535i the coolant temperature gauge does not
> work due to
> >problems in
> >the S.I. circuit boards.  Is there any other way to get a coolant
> >temperature gauge
> >apart from the S.I. circuit boards?
> >
> >Thank you!
> >
> >Kim Hensley