Re: <E34> Radio Code - Central Locking and Power Windows

Thanks to those who answered my query.  The answers centred around the
battery being dead, or the fuses.  You were all right, sort of.  In checking
the battery voltage, I noticed a voltage drop of 0.3 volts over the front
fusible link by the right hand shock tower.  It looked alright, but when I
put my probe onto the link, the interior lights flashed off, then on.  Right
in the middle of the link was a crack running from side to side; looked for
all the world like a fatigue fracture, and I guess that is what it was.
Really hard to spot.  Fixed for a dollar.
 chris.northover@domain.elided

- ---