Anti-seize on lug nuts -- yes or no?

Winter is finally letting go here in New England.  The snow is almost all
gone, so it's just about time to get the real tires back onto my M5.  This is
the first time I've had separate wheels and tires for summer and winter, so
I'm doing the changeover myself.

Now for the controversy.

Anti-seize compound on the lug nuts?  Whattayathink?

My BMW dealer says yes.  My VW dealer (my other car is a GTI) says no.  My
friends are split.  The shop I used to mount and balance the winter tires
when I first got them specializes in prepping Porsches for racing; they said
yes.  A couple of my friends say no, because it makes it impossible to get
the lug nuts properly torqued to spec.

So, I ask you -- the Bimmer-savvy -- what's the right answer???

=> Mitch
BMW CCA member (Associate editor of Boston Chapter magazine, "boston bimmer")
'02 M5 (Carbon black metallic/black)
'01 VW GTI GLX (black/black)