Re: Pondering purchase 85 635CSi

> I am in the early stages of which one do I want. I am looking at 635's and
> 94-95 530/540I series (I am aware of the engine issues). Sure they are not
> real similar, but my quest is a nice daily driver for when my Triumph and
> Harley are not best suited for the day ahead.

Hi Gary,

For me personally there is no contest here; the 530/540 is a fine car, but
the 635csi is a classic.  If the car needs significant body, suspension and
interior work (as it sounds like it does) but the engine is crisp, I would
probably pay $5,000 - $7,000 usd for the car and fix all the
cosmetic/rust/interior problems.  For $13,000 or so total investment you'd
have one sweet car, a bargain and a keeper imho.

If the engine/tranny isn't crisp I would pass, unless you're interested in a
full $ project car.

Cheers,

Jeff Warden
'88 M5