Resetting Adaptive Codes on OBDII

Resetting Adaptive Codes on OBDII:

In conjunction with having the ECU adapt to the larger HFM tube and
higher fuel pressure,
I would like to reset the computer to re-learn the engine from scratch.
 On the old models this would be simple as pulling the batter cable.

I inquired of Peake Research if their tool would do that.  They said no,
but referred me to a page on their website:

http://www.peakeresearch.com/fcxtech.shtml

Item 6. states to pull the battery with the emergency flasher going.  On
the phone, they also said to try a test light between the positive cable
and ground.  Peake says that will ground any remaining charge in the ECU
that could be maintaining memory contents.  But I thought the OBDII ECU
uses non-volatile memory, so even draining its residual capacitor
charges should not work.

Has anyone tried this?  and does it work?

tia,

'jk