A couple of E36 problems....

Greetings all!!
Lately I have had a couple of problems with my 95 325i
159K.  First of all my fule guage needle went dead on
me the other day.  Just out of no where.  I'm assuming
this is the infamous fuel sending unit problem.  I
would like to know how difficult it is to change this
and how much these units go for approx.  I haven't
done any research on this problem and I figured I
would start here.
Secondly I have also had a problem with my factory
alarm sys.  It also likes to go off when ever the hell
it wants to.  I noticed that it goes off more when the
car is parked on a street that has a curve to it
therefore tilting the car sideways a bit.  Our streets
here aren't totally flat and I noticed when the car's
in the flat driveway it doesn't go off.  I figured the
problem might be one of the trunk sensors going bad?
I say this because when I'm driving and I go over a
big dip the lights flicker on and off very quickly so
I thought the two might be related.  Could I be
correct with the trunk sensor thing or is it most
likely an alarm control module problem??  TIA for your
help!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i Lots of mods, getting old 179K
L.A. BMWCCA