re: bicycles

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!

You may have more authority in Texas than you do where I live, but it
seems odd that you should be able to say what your roads were intended
for.  Not surprising, though, that you have decided that they were
intended for you.

- -tc

> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:58:57 -0600
> From: "David R. Lefebvre" <drl@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: bmw-digest V9 #2385
>
> Although I give the same distance respect and courtesy for bikes as I do
> for motorcycles, bike lanes are intended for bikes. 12-foot width
> blacktop
> and concrete lanes with 30 mph minimum speed limits are intended for
> automobiles.
>
> Cyclists should stay off the roads.
>
> Nothing is more irritating to motorists than a few skinny-assed cyclists
> holding up a one-laned, high speed, rural route road when they should be
> in
> a cyclist lane, or off the road.
>
> How would you feel if I took my golf car out on a rural route and backed
> you and others up for miles going 10 mph?

- --
Ted Crum
tedcrum@domain.elided