RE: e36 M3 losing air

Yeah, push the bead away and get a wire brush onto the mating surface on the
wheel to get rid of all the dirt and corrosion (if it has gradually got
worse, it will be either a failure in the tyre or a failure in the seal - if
the seal has failed, it is most likely to be a corrosion problem).  Then use
silicon grease (or even cheaper - washing up liquid) to make sure the tyre
bead mates with the wheel.