HELP! Brake Pad Decision?

Car facts:  95 M3, Stock everything, not a daily driver.  I have done
searches on brake pads, Axxis, PBR, Hawk...etc,  on all the leading
forums and it seems every pad is good and every pad is bad to someone.
Plans for the car:  I plan to do at least one track outing this year.
However, when I do take it out on the weekends to play, I would like to
be able to stop at least as good as the OEM pads do but without the
dealer cost.  Are there brake pads out there that fit my profile?

Sincerely,

William T. Wallace
95 M3
00 528i