<E28> Do not buy Fuel Pressure Regulators from WorldPac or Subsidiarys

Hi All,

I just returned from the Dealer with my new BMW fuel pressure regulator.  I
changed it out for the "New" one from thepartsbin.com, apparently supplied
by worldpac warehouse, who also supplies trolhatten.com, and a few other
websites..   The one I got from them is in fact a bosch product, and fits
right onto the feul rail on the 535i engine (M30) however , when I pulled it
off to replace it with the one from the dealer, I noticed it was rated at
2.5 BAR.  and the one from the dealer is rated at 3.0 BAR, which means that
the warehouse is selling miscalibrated fuel pressure regulators for E28 535i
engines.  So if your shopping around, don't buy one from them. I suspect
they got a bunch somewhere on surplus from Bosch that were mismade, or
belong on another engine, and decided that the 0.5 difference was not enough
of a difference.

Well my situation proved it.  They cause problems,. almost disastrous ones
in fact.  Aside from that who knows what kind of damage can be done from an
engine running lean.

Cheers
Ron J
85 535i with proper fuel pressure now
73 911s 2.7 (waiting in the garage for paint and warm weather)

End of bmw-digest V9 #2376