<E34> Touring - Self leveling suspension

Hi, my spare wheel tub in the rear of my 5 series had a blocked drainage
plug and as a result (unknown to me then) it filled with water (very wet
here in Ireland).

Anyway - I had a good look and decided that as the circuit board on the
right in the trunk had been submerged it was the most likely candidate for
replacement.   I understand it is the self leveling suspension control unit
- - $100 later and the warning light still comes on when I turn the key and
the car still feels 'a bit strange' when going over rough ground.

Any thoughts or pointers would be great.

Damian.