[no subject]

I may ultimately pull the JimC chip out so I can comfortably go back to 87
octane - unless you're doing lots of serious interstate time, I think the
extra $$ of the 93 will rapidly outpace the lower economy diff.

> > So, do all six-cylinder E30s have the ETA motor?
>
> Nope, only the slow ones ;-)

It's true - the wife's '99 2.5L Subaru will dog the ETA.  The chip and
diff made this an almost even match at lower rpms, but the scubyroo
redlines at 6.5.

> IIRC, 121HP E30 Eta engines (M20B27) were supplied to the US market
> between '85-'88, the last year being the marginally quicker 'super eta'.
> '87-'91 ('92 for convertibles) E30s got the high reaving 168HP M20B25
> engine.

I'm curious if the biggest HP difference in these motors comes from the
shorter-throw rods/crank or the "i" style head?  Any experiences out
there?  I would be tempted to swap heads next.

Scott
Scott Ruffner
Computer Systems Senior Engineer       Computer Science Department
ruffner@domain.elided                University of Virginia
(434)982-2219                    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~jpr9c