Re: Wiper blades a dealer part?

I just picked up a pair for my 97 528 this past weekend from bavarian auto
(www.bavarianautosport.com). They sell just the rubber inserts for ~12$ each.

I mean *just* the rubber inserts. You have to reuse the thin metal strips that
keep the rubber straight and guide it through the wiper blade assembly. I had
never seen blades sold in this configuration before. It seemed odd to me as
all the local shops are moving away from inserts and to the full replacement
assembly.

Performance is just ok so far. They didnt give a smear-free performance right
off.

tim