E30 clusters

I'm *fairly* sure the pinouts are different enough to cause badness.  When I was trying to track down my Brake Warning light I had both an 88 and a 90 cluster apart; the circuit board was printed differently and at least the center plug is wired differently.  The problem is a lot of the plugs may be ground (?) so they don't matter where they go, but I know after seeing the Motometer vs. VDO clusters I wouldn't try swapping these two.

dan in kc, 88iX & 90iS & spare parts for both kinda

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]