Re: How to reset O2 sensor light in 1988 528e?

"Tom Borden" <te.borden@domain.elided> wrote:

> I have heard along the way that there is a switch that needs to be
> thrown to kill the incessant O2 Sensor warning light in my overhead
> console.

Tom,
The overhead console does not have an 02 Sensor warning.
The only way a dead 02 rears its ugly head is via a Check Engine light in
the instrument cluster.

> Does anybody know where this switch is and/or what's required
> to reset it?

If we are talking about the CE light, you can either reset it with a CE
code reader/resetter ($50-250 www.peakeresearch.com is one source), by
unplugging the DME or the battery for 5-10 minutes. Or you can just drive
the car with the new sensor and the DME will extinguish the light after
50? fault-free starts.

alex f