RE: E30 ABS

Scott:

Excellent recap of all the advice you received.

The ABS self-test may not be evident in your car.  But, trust me, it
happens every time you move the car more that 10-20 feet after start-up.
Some cars seem to make this more obvious than others.

Hope you successfully find the cause and fix it.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth

> The ABS triggering sounds like a buzz and you will feel that vibration

> in the pedal.  The system self-tests when you first move the car after

> every start.  Typically when you are backing out of a parking space,
> but also when you are moving forward after pulling off (the first time

> you apply the brakes).

End of bmw-digest V9 #2332