<E28> Need Diagnostic Help.. 535i running rough

Ok,

So far, It has been suggested that it could be :

Coolant temp Sensor
Clogged injectors
Cold Start Injector.

I havent ever removed the injectors or cleaned them.. I bought the car last
March, and have only done a few things like exhaust, ICV, FPR, K&N filter,
and oil changes other then that its been cosmetic stuff.

Would the coolant temp sensor cause the car to suddenly jump the idle up to
1500 and hold it there?  I am wondering why giving throttle seems to make
the car stall out when its doing that.

Same question with the injectors.  If the car is idling high, then I would
assume the injectors are working well.. but you try to add throttle, and it
stalls out.    When driving, and the issue occurs, the car just starts to
buck and miss.  So it could be that the injectors are the culprit.

Any way to narrow this down?

Cheers
Ron