E30: 1991 325ic headlights do not work

I'm chasing down a problem with my E30 not turning on the main driving
lights when I start the car.  If I switch to highbeams then all the
lights are fired up.  I'm making an assumption that the problem may be a
short in the light switch itself.  The problem is that german elves
wired this car and it seems almost impossible to get that switch.  I've
gotten to the switch but am having problems disconnecting the wiring
harness from the switch.  There is not enough slack to pull the switch
out with the harness attached.

Question:

I would like to probe each wire to see if it is getting juice.  I assume
that they yellow wire is the one for main driving lights.  Please
confirm.  Is there a diagram online that I can refer to?

Thanks,
Chris Fowler

End of bmw-digest V9 #2326