<E28> Oil Change..found some metal in oil

Hi All,

Greetings from Warm Florida.  I drove down here (Fort Myers) from Toronto
Canada, last week for a 2 week getaway from the cold.  Drove my 85 535i down
here and it has totally behaved all the way down.  I changed the feul pressure
regulator before I left, and it solved the rough starts and shakey throttle. I
also took advantage of the US prices, and ordered a new ICV that is supposed
to show up tommorrow morning by courier (it misbehaved yesterday and stalled
the car out, and since I have to drive back to Canada new years day, I decided
to change it asap).  I am driving out to Key West tommorrow for New Years at
Margeritaville, Jimmy Buffets place.

Anyway,back to the question, and issue.  The car is not making any odd engine
noises, and I have been changing the oil every 5000 kms. (3000 miles) and
havent really noticed this before,though it may have been there. When I
drained the oil out of the pan today, and out of the filter, and poured it out
of the bucket, into a waste drum, I noticed some small flecks of metal at the
bottom of the bucket.  none of them big at all, about the size of grains of
sand.  Is this normal? or to be expected?  There wasnt a great deal of it
there, but metal bits in oil makes me wonder.  There is no piston knock, no
other odd noises, and the car has full power, and engine runs smoothly.  It
has 228,000 kms(138,000 miles)

Anyone with any ideas, or experience with this?

Thanks in advance
Ron Jordan (normally from toronto Canada, but in Fort Myers FLA right now)
85 535i
73 911s 2.7