Re: E30 Front Hub/Bearing Replacement

>What is the best method for generating the torque to remove the
>hub nut on an E30 (325ic)? Once the new hub is installed, how can
>you be reasonably accurate in tightening the new nut to the required
>300 ft. lbs. ?

 The torque for that nut is 210 lbs ft, not 300 !    My torque wrench
only goes to 150 lbs so after reaching that value i use a cheater pipe
over a big 3/4 drive slidebar and crank it down a little further.

Here's a detailed write-up on changing out an E30 front wheelbearing:

http://versioni.addr.com/Tech/WhlBear.html

Randy
89 325is
http://home.earthlink.net/~randylwalters/