Re: Z3 Air Bag Dash Light

John <Johneb48@domain.elided> wrote:
> Hi Group,
> I have a '97 Z3--I honked my horn as someone cut me off,
> and ever since, my airbag dash light has been on. I see
> that there was a recall for "air bag ring" --is anyone
> aware of detail of this recall AND anyone know how to
> fix this problem --or is it a dealer only problem??

John,
Only dealer or an independent with a MODIC can reset your airbag light.
If you think your car is covered by a recall, call a dealer and give them
your VIN. They will confirm if you are covered and make arrangements for a
free remedy. If you are not covered by a recall, expect to pick up the tab
yourself.

alex f