From: alex.fadeev@domain.elided [mailto:alex.fadeev@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 3:05 PM
To: Ron J
Cc: BMW; UUC-BMW; E28 Group; owner-bmw@domain.elided; M535i SIG
Subject: Re: Bosch Plugs.. Why Not Platinum??

"Ron J" <ron@domain.elided> wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> I noticed in one of your posts on Digest.net, that one shouldnt use
> bosch platinum plugs when tuning up the car.
>
> Is there a reason to stay away from the platinums??

Ron,
In my admittedly limited experience, platinum plugs do not work well in M20
engines.
I don't know exactly why. Just an observation from owning the car and
reading the digests over the last six? years.

I would not extend that comment to include all platinum plugs for all BMW
engines. In fact, I think the BMW recommended Bosch/NGK plugs for M50/52
engines are available with only platinum tips.

alex f

- --