fuel pump noise......

Ok. First off, thanks to everyone who responded to me from my first question.

Here's the new situation. I got a used transfer pump from a junk-yard and installed it and it too doesn't work. So we tried once again to start the car and manually spray in fuel into the intake and that helped it to run a little bit longer. So we are still pretty sure its the transfer pump. I then started messing around with the old pump to see if i could get it to run just by putting juice to it. Not sure which wires were (+) and (-). so with the first combination, nothing happened. with the second combination, lots of sparks. the pump never ran. After determining which wires were pos and neg on the old one i moved on to the new* (junk) one in the tank. Nothing happened when it should have been running. ( I took wires straight from the pos and neg battery posts and connected) Then after a quick prayer, I switched the pos and neg and sparks flew again but thats all.. the pump never did run.  So I think I am going to go get a new one.

By the way. this car has 220,000 miles on it. I paid just under 500 for it, is it worth the effort and money i am putting into it? (has new tires and american racing wheels too)

- -Adam
faith.yahoo.com