Re: baby car...I don't understand!

Totally in agreement.. there's no reason you can't keep your toy, with just one kid.  No big deal.
They can have my beamer when they pry the steering wheel from my cold, dead, hands,
Nico
 Jim Bassett wrote:>Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 17:34:24 +0000
>From: jkarolyi@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: baby car...I don't understand!
>
> >We've recently discovered that my wife is "with child" and this blessed
> > event brings us to a car-upgrade crossroad. I currently drive is an E30
> > 2door which will soon be out of the question.
>
>Congrats on the baby! I don't have one, but all my married friends are
>starting to have kids. I don't understand this big urge to buy
>a "familymobile" as soon as ONE kid comes along! Four of my friends ran out
>and traded their sports cars in on SUVs and minivans as soon as they found
>out
>they were having a kid, and it wasn't even born yet!

At the risk of this being an "I agree" post, well, I agree :-)

We have one son, now 2-1/2 years old, and he gets driven around in my
wife's Toyota Corolla 99% of the time, and in my '98 M3 sedan when all
three of us head somewhere. We have yet to go somewhere where either
vehicle wasn't able to handle the job. We even took a 3 hour trip to Clear
Lake (from the SF Bay Area) with the M3 quite full: me, Kim, Nikolas and
Kim's mom. Worked out well, and no one minded when I "enjoyed" myself on
the twisty mountain road .

>At least give the BMW sedans a
>chance before trading it in on some monstrosity, that's all I'm saying.

Exactly.

Cheers,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4 - seats 4 comfortably
1993 325is #44 KP - seats 1, sometime 2, strapped in tight :-)

- --