Re: making spark plug wires

> From: Michael <mike5635@domain.elided>
> Subject: Can I make my own spark plug wires?
>
> I just checked the prices on new BMW spark plug wires
> for my 1990 535i.  They range from $180 to over
> $300!!!!!  Cough...gag...choke!
>
> Is there any magic reason for this high pricing, other
> than the "Gotcha" factor?  Can't I just make some
> using good quality bulk spark plug wire?
>
> Any enlightened opinions appreciated!

Michael:
   I am not enlightened about this, but the best single purchase I made for my used 1987 325is   was right after I bought it with 200,000+ kilometers--a brand new plug wire set from Bavarian for around $230 I think it was. This was over $300 where I live (Canada) but here the awful, damp weather makes real trouble starting for about 7-8 months of the year, and my car has
never failed to start. I would hate to try to duplicate the high quality, high-tension wire set I got from Bavarian since it had some specialty components.
Peter Cain
London, Ontario