Differential Swap

Hello list...

I finally got my hands on a 3.25/1 diff out of an E28 - '87 535i - which I
plan to put in my '86 325e E30.  I got lucky and the local wrecking yard
had one they gave me cheap, since the mounting bracket on the rear cover
is broken.  However, I believe I needed to change the rear cover anyway -
since the mounting points are different.  Has anyone else done a "big six"
differential swap into an E30?  What else needs to be changed.  I used to
have a copy of an article called "know your diff" which I believe listed
detailed how-tos.  Unfortunately, I can't put my hands on it.  I believe
that in addition to the rear cover swap, I've got to do a swap on the axle
flanges?  If this is true, what is the procedure?  Are the flanges pressed
on?

Scott

Scott Ruffner
Computer Systems Senior Engineer       Computer Science Department
ruffner@domain.elided                University of Virginia
(434)982-2219                    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~jpr9c