Re: bmw-digest V9 #2246

Leo,

You may want to consider refinishing your current leather.  You would be
surprised what can be accomplished.  I plan to do this to my wife's
convertible.  The leather was not regularly treated by previous owners and
it has a lot of cracking.  Check out http://www.leatherique.com/ . I can't
help with the codes but BMW didn't make that many variations.  What color do
you think it is?

The seat back lifts up and out.  But unlike tin top E30s it is also bolted
at the bottom.  Two bolts, 17mm IIRC. This is how it is on the 92 E30
convertible.  Earlier cars may be different.

Good luck,

t.