Re: 735i wheel woble

- -----Original Message-----
From: Henri Baccouche <henrib@domain.elided>

> Voila...!
>
> This the point I was trying to get across earlier.......in this
> thread.
>
> When the thrust arm bushing or control arm bushing (pick your BMW
> model....) is worn out, the ball joint is too.

First, the joint in question is not a suspension ball joint, but a
tie rod joint -- no bushings involved.

Second, are you claiming that thrust arm bushings last 125K miles?
The original bushings in my car were done by the previous owner
prior to 90K miles.  They are in need of replacement again after
the 25K hard miles I've put on the car.  The ball joints look
fine as they approach your supposed magic mileage.

Third, there has still been no mention of how many miles the person
with the '88 7-series has on the car.  He simply has a part on an
old car that needs to be replaced.

How again does any of this support your point that one should just
blindly replace everything in the suspension of a car simply because
it reaches 125K miles?

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner