RE: to turbocharge or not to turbocharge... e36

Wait a few months and buy a twin-screw supercharger kit from
me!!!  (shameless plug)  Get on Bimmerforums and do a search
and you will find some scuttlebut about it.

Active Autowerke sells turbo kits for the E36 that start at about
$8500.  Theirs are the best turbo setups out there.  Also you can
buy a centrifugal SC kit from Dinan, RMS, ESS, ERT, and probably
a few others.  They are somewhat to much cheaper (depending on
configuration), but provide all their boost at the top end.

My setup, due to being a positive displacement supercharger, will
provide a really nice low end kick similar to, or better than
a turbo, but without any "lag" and with MUCH simpler installation.

I am within about 6 weeks of having a prototype on my car...

Steve