Re: 735i wheel woble

- -----Original Message-----
From: ebelmont@domain.elided <ebelmont@domain.elided>

> Regarding my wheel woble I traced it down to the ball joint
> on the control arm (unsure of the proper name). has anyone
> replaced this before and if so is it an entire piece streching
> across the center of the car or can the ball joint on the arm
> be simply replaced? The piece in question attached to the
> idler arm.

After all that and it's not the thrust arm bushings -- darn...

If it is attached to the idler arm and it is a skinny thing relative
to the more massive arms that attach to the bottom of the
strut, then it sounds like you are talking about a steering tie
rod.  I haven't done those myself, so I can't vouch for the
difficulty of the job, but as an example, Bavarian Auto lists
the "Tie Rod Assembly" for your car at US$32.95.  You
should probably do both sides.

I don't know how you determined that this was the problem,
but if with visual inspection/pulling and tugging there is any
play in a joint it is definitely a "replace now" kind of thing.
Hopefully, replacing the tie rods will fix your problem.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner