RE: 90 325i vs 93 325is, synthetic oils

Brizax@domain.elided wrote:
> id also like to hear if anyone has gotten a
> good drop in 0-60 from a chip.  does the chip
> just increase the rpm rev limit? or does it map
> the fuel and timing?

I'm pleased with the Conforti chips in both our cars.  I have never
timed them 0-60, much less before and after installing the chip, but
there was a noticeable difference in the butt-dyno and the overall feel
of the engine.  I understand the Conforti chip remaps the fuel and
ignition throughout the range, not just at wide open throttle.

> now my e30 4 door auto 325i hauls a$$ compaired
> to my newer e36, its depressing. is it the weight
> factors of the 2? maybe the rear ratio? the 90
> weighs in at 3800lbs and the 93 at 4100lbs!

Ummm, try 2800+ and 3100+, but you've got the right idea.  And you're
looking in the right places for improvements: weight, chip, and final
drive ratio.

> now synthetic oils, are they safe for bmw motors?

We use Mobil 1 in our engines, Red Line MTL in the transmissions, and
Red Line 75w90 in the diffs.
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS http://bmwe30.net #1129 DAS KAR