RE: Anti-theft bypass (was Re: e36 key cylinder won't turn)

<snip>
> So my question is: is there any way to bypass the antitheft
> on the car,
> and/or does what the dealer say ring true?
<snip>

I can tell you that my local BMW mechanic changed the coded ignition
switch on my '95 325i and no dealer was ever involved, other than the
mechanic having to order the ignition switch from them.  He needed a
copy of my registration to fax to the dealer to order it.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com