From: Brizax@domain.elided
Full-name: Brizax
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 23:36:27 EDT
Subject: Re: E36 upgrades / questions / power there sometimes! **
To: bmw@domain.elided, bmw-digest@domain.elided

hey guys, i have had my e36 almost a week. i just wrote in about it feeling
slow
its a 9/92 so a 93, im not sure if its vanos but i think it is,

my gas gauge go's wack every now and then, i was low on fuel and refiled, it
shot to half a tank then to full after putting in $5 , then it went back to
normal a hour or so later. are the sending units in these a pain to replace?
anyone have this happen?

also sometimes it runs slow and every now and then it hauls, i can feel it
kick in at 4k like a vtec sometimes, but most of the time i dont feel it,
when it does its almost like a turbo or a surge in power at 4k , is there a
possibility that i have vanos and somethings wrong with it? it idles perfect
, starts perfect, runs perfect, no ce lights, just sometimes its faster than
others, weird huh.

i also asked about cheap "free" mods, like advance'n the timing? air filters
help alot? anything else? thanks guys also how can i tell if i have vanos?

brax
93 325is coupe