From: Rick Birkenstock [mailto:rbirkenstock@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 10:48 AM
To: bmw-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Advice on 1984 325e

A friend is looking to sell me his 1984 325e with about 140,000 miles on it for
$2,000.

He's very open and honest about the problems it has...the biggest of which seems
to be it's diet for a quart of oil every week or two.  There are plenty of other
tiny issues - everything from a missing glovebox door, to fussy driver's seat
belt to a sluggish power window - but otherwise, the car seems reasonably tight
and strong.  About one year ago, the owner had a slew of "preventative
maintenance" done to the car - replacing belts, new tires on the front (treads
don't match rear however), etc.

So, my request is this.  Steer clear of this car or negotiate?  Opinions please.

ps  The car is not intended for serious daily commuting, just to be a "grocery
getter" and runabout town kind of car.

Thanks,

- - Rick

former e36 ///M3 2dr and ///M Roadster owner (now I have none!  :(  )

- --