<E28> Question re: Instrument Cluster Swap

Hi Folks -
I have the opportunity to purchase a used instrument cluster from a 1987
535is to replace the failing cluster in my 1986 528e. I am wondering about
applicability issues, and whether this swap would work without a problem...?
They are both E28 body style, but the 535 engine is, obviously, a different
beast than the 528 baby six I've got. I'm not terribly concerned about
tachometer redline, as I have a performance chip in my 528e anyway. Also,
the replacement cluster has 318k miles on it, compared to my 160k!! - is
this something I can adjust? Or could I take my old speedometer/odometer
component and swap it into the new cluster, thereby creating a hybrid? Any
advice or thoughts on this contemplated switch would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Eric

End of bmw-digest V9 #2217